OmegaQuant Analytics (OQA) is a leading global, independent, CLIA-certified clinical laboratory that offers human nutritional testing to researchers, healthcare providers and the public. The “Omega-3 Index” was invented by the founder of OQA, Dr. Bill Harris, and is our flagship test. OQA as the 2010 winner of the Giant Vision Award, which recognizes the best new business in South Dakota and was ranked #2271 on the Inc 5000 List of fastest growing private companies in 2019.
Due to rapid growth and expansion, we have an exciting opportunity for a nutritional professional to join our team in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. This role is for ensuring the clinical validity of OQA tests and educating customers and partners on the foundational research and clinical uses of OQA tests. The position will require some travel, may be remote, and may be full or part time.
What you will do:
This role involves:
- Provide professional clinical and research-based nutritional background knowledge for all tests at OQA
- Creating the research foundation for new at-home tests developed by OQA in collaboration with the Director of Research
- Writing test report verbiage
- Manage, develop and implement product marketing activities to maximize sales of OmegaQuant tests and products
- Create and manage on-boarding new healthcare providers through consultations, webinars, clinical educational material
- Consulting with individuals and healthcare providers from OQA.com on test results
- Oversee messaging and development of literature associated with OmegaQuant tests and products
- Provide training, education, and technical assistance to Sales and Customer Service
- Develop patient-focused messaging and resources for product sell-through tools
- Coordinate with Manufacturing, Marketing, and Product Development in launching new products associated with OmegaQuant
- Provide product feedback and customer comments to Marketing and Product Development
- Monitor industry trends for new product and test ideas and ground-breaking nutritional tests and communicate ideas to Sales, Marketing and Product Development
- Assisting marketing with content for website, social media, press releases, test materials, etc.
What we are looking for:
Our most ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for nutritional science and has clinical experience, but who also wants to step outside of clinical practice to bring their insights to the business and laboratory testing realm. To be considered for this position, you will need to have a Masters or PhD in nutrition or related fields and/or a professional nutritional or clinical degree, such as a Registered Dietitian (RD), naturopathic physician (ND), Doctor of Chiropractic (DC), Institute of Functional Medicine (IFM) Certified Practitioner, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), Doctor of Medicine (MD), etc.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A proven track record of clinical nutritional education (writing, teaching, presenting, counseling, etc.)
- Skilled in reading original research articles and translating research to clinical use
- Strong knowledge of and curiosity about nutritional biomarkers and their clinical use
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Teams
- High level of organizational ability with skills in time management
- Ability to work independently to achieve pre-determined goals
- Attentiveness and diligence
Joining the OmegaQuant Team
An attractive salary package with possible bonuses available on completion of a clinically useful test. Other benefits include:
- Paid Time Off and holidays
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance offered
- 401K with employer match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program and reimbursement
- Opportunity for growth and advancement
To apply for this role, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.