OmegaQuant is an independent, CLIA-certified lab that offers Omega-3 Index, Vitamin D, Prenatal DHA and Mother’s Milk DHA testing to researchers, clinicians and the public.
We perform fatty acid analysis in Sioux Falls, SD, for commercial and academic research collaborators, and for consumers interested in monitoring their nutritional status in both blood and breast milk.
Expand to read more
His interest in omega-3 fatty acids began with his postdoctoral work when he published his first study on the effects of salmon oil on serum lipids in humans (1980). Since that time he has been the recipient of five NIH grants for studies on the effects of omega-3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA) on human health.
He has more than 300 publications relating to fatty acids, including omega-3s, in medical literature and was an author on two American Heart Association scientific statements on fatty acids: “Fish Consumption, Fish Oil, Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Cardiovascular Disease” (2002), and “Omega-6 Fatty Acids and Risk for Cardiovascular Disease” (2009) both published in the journal Circulation.
Dr. Harris co-invented the Omega-3 Index in 2004 and made it commercially available to the research community and the public in 2009. To date, the Omega-3 Index has been used as the standard measure of omega-3 status in more than 200 clinical studies.
Dr. Harris is also a Professor in the Department of Medicine in the Sanford School of Medicine at the University of South Dakota.
Dr. Harris moved on as OmegaQuant’s President in late 2020 to establish the Fatty Acid Research Institute (FARI), where he will go back to his roots of conducting research on fatty acids and health.
Expand to read more
Jason Polreis is the CEO of OmegaQuant. He is also a senior level market strategist with experience in strategic operations, clinical research, operations management, laboratory skills, organic chemistry, and medical device manufacturing. He’s also intimately familiar with the following certifications — ISO:13485, ISO: 15189, and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA). Jason is a strong research professional and graduate of University of Sioux Falls with an MBA. Prior to working for OmegaQuant, he was with Sanford Health and Identity Genetics.
Kristina Harris Jackson
Expand to read more
Kristina received her PhD in Nutritional Sciences from Pennsylvania State University in 2013 and completed her training to become a Registered Dietitian in 2014. Kristina continues her research in the area of omega-3s in maternal health, helping create the Prenatal DHA test and the Mother’s Milk DHA test, and continues her clinical work by consulting with clients on their lab values from OmegaQuant.
Kristina lives in Sioux Falls, South Dakota with her partner and two kids and very old dog.
- OmegaQuant named to the Inc. 5000 List for 2nd year in a row
- OmegaQuant’s Dr. Bill Harris launches the Fatty Acid Research Institute (FARI)
- Vitamin D test launched
- Launch of patent pending Prenatal DHA Test for expecting females to help improve birth outcomes
- EU registration of dried blood spot sample collection kit for over-the-counter home use as IVD medical device
- OmegaQuant named to the Inc. 5000 List – recognized among fastest growing private companies in the US
- Australia TGA registration of dried blood spot sample collection kit for over-the-counter home use as IVD medical device
- FDA decides pre-market approval not needed for over-the-counter (OTC) home use of dried blood spot sample collection kit
- Drs. Harris and von Schacky receive GOED award for Omega-3 Leadership
- Winner of the Giant Vision Award which recognizes the best new business in South Dakota
- OmegaQuant founded by Dr. Bill Harris to offer Omega-3 Index testing and to set the standard for fatty acid testing
- Drs. Harris and von Schacky published article that created the Omega-3 Index